Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

For the Anzac's - Logan


For the Anzac's!
By Logan Havrilla
Dear diary, today was a great day but I'm going to write a story and it starts like this.

Thursday 23 April, 2 days until invasion.
"Alright men, are you wimps or brave men? Because in two days you will travel to Gallipoli and fight for your life!" shouted the General. "I will name your soldiers ranks!" I was first…

Friday 24 April, tomorrow is invasion.
Yesterday I got named Lieutenant Logan Havrilla. I also boarded a helicopter that I will jump out of. This will be fun! I even have a new motto 'For the ANZACs!'

Saturday 25 April,let's do the invasion.
Here we go, I'm going to jump, here we go, "Just jump you wimp!" I jump. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"-ZIP! "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Oooof!" I landed then I realize I'm in no man's land...Puff!Puff!Puff! Yes! A trench! I jump in.

(Say this in German if you can,) "Vat are you doing!" Said a German. "I frantically ran out of the trench." I can speak German,but I didn't bother,but it turns out he spoke english, "Ok."he said

Saturday 20 June
I spent the last couple of months hiding in the German squad,then 2 minutes ago they found out I am a kiwi and chased from end to end on the plane over and over,until we landed. The plane that I was on was the reinforcement plane,but there were only 6,including me.We all came from Gallipoli. I killed most of the Germans at Gallipoli and since they were angry at me,I ran away. I found the french trench and discovered that there were no kiwis. There were no Aussies either.

So for the rest of the war I kept using my motto For the Anzac's.

Now that the war is over,I quit the army and joined the Australian airline,Qantas

And that's the end of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about